Sunday 25 November 2012

What I ate today - naughty food at a birthday party

So... Messed up a bit today...

It's my nephew's 14th birthday so I baked him a chocolate & banana cake this morning and iced it with chocolate ganache. I licked a tiny bit of the icing to test it (which is fair enough I guess). Then I baked the Christmas cakes in time so I have a month to feed them brandy until Christmas. I licked the batter to test if it's spicy enough (again, fair enough).

Then in the afternoon, we went to the birthday party and stayed there until late evening so it meant we had lunch and dinner there, picking finger food. I have chosen the best I could have from what was available (which was a lot!) as I needed to be on soft foods today as it's the day after my fill.

I then had a teeeeeeny tiny slice of the birthday cake because I'm weak and have zero willpower and I love cake :(

But I didn't drink alcohol and I didn't touch anything that isn't breakable by a fork.

Let's see the damage:

Breakfast:
Big mug of coffee made with 150ml skimmed milk + topped with water

Mid-morning:
Home-made lentil soup + Chicken cup-a-soup (lentil soup was too small a portion, wasn't enough)

Lunch & Dinner - food picked at the party:
Hummus (1tsp or so) + 1 Chicken goujon + small slice (1/8th) of cheese & onion quiche + roast chicken breast slice + small pieces of Wensleydale with cranberry, double Gloucestershire with chives and Brie

Naughty stuff:
Very thin slice of birthday cake
2 mini eclairs

Drinks:
Pint of NAS squash + 3 cups of tea with a drop of skimmed milk + sachet of Lemsip (thank you dear husband for our marital bliss where you share everything with me, including your man flu!)

Exercise: 
None...

TOTAL 1044 calories (not as bad as I thought but fat and carbs very high - ie red in MFP lol)

Oh well... What's done is done. I'll be good tomorrow onwards :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment