Tuesday 27 November 2012

What I ate today - tried chicken for the first time

Today I wanted to try being a bit more spontaneous, although the idea of not taking any food with me to work made me nervous so I packed my breakfast at least :)

I went to M&S to grab myself lunch and while there bought 2 'buy 1 get 1 half price' ready meals (count on us low cal range) for me and the husband's dinner. I do love M&S food! Before my band, on an average lunch, I would have a tub of king prawns with cocktail sauce followed by a salad (pasta or couscous salad with chicken etc) and fruit or nuts on top. Today I barely finished the king prawns. It felt weird... Good thing I only bought the prawns!

Breakfast:
20g All Bran (yuck!) with Irish diet strawberry yogurt

Mid-morning:
Atkins protein bar with peanut

Lunch:
M&S king prawns with cocktail dipping sauce (left most of the sauce)

Mid-afternoon:
New York Soup Co. Skinny chicken minestrone (1/2 tub with the chicken bits spat out as too chewy) and 1 light cheese triangle

Dinner:
Half pack of M&S chicken dinner (chicken breast strips in onion gravy + carrots + peas + potato mash) ready meal. This tasted amazing! I wasn't sure if I could eat the chicken just yet but with the encouragement from last week's chat with my dietitian I thought I'd try. I needed to chew a lot of course but no problems, had half a portion. Probably worked because the meat was really tender in the gravy. The whole pack is 320 calories by the way so it was a good ready meal :)

Dessert:
Shape Delights

Drinks:
2 cups of tea, pint of NAS squash, 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of blueberry green tea

Exercise:
1 hour walk

TOTAL 1000 calories eaten + 315 calories burned  xxx

1 comment: