Wednesday 24 October 2012

First day back at work and my trousers

Yesterday it was my first day back at work. Mentally I was ready for it, partly because I know how hectic everything will get at work in the next couple of weeks and also because I don't want to be the sick person healing at home anymore, I want to throw myself back at normal life and continue the food challenge with the help of my band. So yes, mentally I was more than ready but physically, later in the day I found out, not so much...

I took a shower Sunday night - my first shower after the surgery. My husband washed my hair and I washed my body with a sponge before so I wasn't stinky or anything but an actual shower, oooh it was heavenly! I was worried about soaking my glued incisions as I'd like to keep the glue on them as long as possible as a security blanket so I covered them with little waterproof plasters. Removed them immediately afterwards so they can 'breathe'. Straightened my hair and shaped my eyebrows for the first time after the op, getting ready to go back to professional life :P

There was a few things I was worried about... The bruises on my both hands, getting wind pain and tiredness. I managed to hide my hands in a long sleeved cardi which isn't actually too loose so it doesn't make me look like an emo teenager :P Plus I don't have the hideous haircut or the funny make-up and I hardly looked like a teenager!



Wind pain hit me in the afternoon after having my soup and I was indeed very very tired - again, in the afternoon...

I find that after walking for 10 minutes or so, I get a bad back ache. Is this because I try not to use my abdominal muscles I wonder? My back was killing me in the afternoon and I had to take a co-codomol when I got home. It was fine in a few minutes, I didn't care :)

Right, the morning of my first day back at work I had a little surprise. Usually I wear comfy palazzo trousers made of loose jersey fabric with an elasticated waist in the house or out and about. But I have my decent tailored trousers for work. Obviously I haven't worn them in the last 10 days or and when I put them on, they didn't fit! They fell down to my ankles!!! YAY!!! That was an amazing moment! I've been at this size for the last year or so and it's a big thing for me. I have other pairs for 3-4 different sizes in my wardrobe, patiently waiting for the day to be used again so I picked one size down and put it on nervously. Would it be too tight? Would it go up my tree trunks? Oh yes - it was a perfect fit! I rang my husband to give him the news and he was worried, he thought something happened to me on the way to work or something and I said of course something happened to me, this is big news! 

I thought about walking to work but then I changed my mind and drove, just incase I got very tired at work. It was a good call, I did indeed get mega tired in the afternoon. It's a 5 minute walk from the car park to the office but with my current speed, it took me 10 minutes. I went out for a walk at lunch and in total I walked for an hour. 

I wonder if it's the yogurt soup giving me the gas after eating so I made something different for dinner. Husband had a couple of meatballs leftover so I liquidised one with lots of gravy and it tasted divine! Lovely dinner, yum yum yum. I also enjoy Danone shape delights nowadays, they come in dark choc or white choc and they are both lovely. It slides down easily and helps up the calories. It's low fat and only 108 kcal a pot. I had 2 yesterday and an ice lolly which is only 25kcal.

Yesterday I had:

09:30 am - Sainsbury's smoothie (banana, pineapple and coconut)
11:00 am - Cup of tea with a drop of skimmed milk (managed 1/4 mug)
14:00 pm - Yogurt soup (200ml)
16:00 pm - Shape delights velvety chocolate
17:00 pm - Coffee with soya milk (managed 1/2 mug)
19:00 pm - Soup made by liquidising a meatball in a teaspoon of gravy powder and hot water
20:00 pm - Shape delights white choc
21:00 pm - Ice lolly

Total 580kcal

All pain aside, good to be back at work :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment