Saturday 13 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 20

I can't believe it's Saturday already... It's almost Monday! Eeek! I think I'm a mixture of excited, scared, nervous and happy...

It was a hectic day, preparing for next week. Lots of cleaning, tidying up, turning the spare bedroom into a room for me to sleep on my own for the first few days with about 6-7 pillows, mattress raised with another thin one underneath so that I can get in and out of bed easily (ours is quite low, hence the spare bed while I can't use my abdominal muscles) etc etc. I put everything together to go in my hospital bag and typing this while I have my Oxo cube. I'll go pack stuff afterwards and make another post with what I packed.

I received lots of phone calls, texts, emails today from my lovely friends and family. My in-laws came around to wish me good luck and they will come and stay with me on Thursday and Friday when my husband has to go back to work.

Tomorrow we'll drop the cats in the cattery and drive up to Birmingham, stay the night in a hotel in Bromsgrove and go to the hospital 7am Monday morning. My husband will stay for two nights there while I spend Monday night in the hospital.

I completely forgot to write about it yesterday - I got the phone call from the hospital to advise me what time to arrive. They didn't tell me what time my op will be though. We'll learn when we get there I suppose. Hopefully it won't be too late in the day, I just want it over and done with so I don't get too scared or nervous.

I'm not allowed to eat after midnight the day before and I can't have water after 5am on the day. As if I ate anything, pffft :)


Right, I'll go pack my hospital bag now and will post what I packed later on.

Here's what I ate/drank today:

10:00 am - Weightwatchers greek style peach yogurt
10:30 am - Decaf coffee made with 300ml lactofree semi skimmed
11:20 am - Decaf coffee made with 100ml lactofree semi skimmed
13:15 pm - 300ml unsweetened soya milk
14:00 pm - Weightwatchers greek style peach yogurt
14:45 pm - Decaf coffee made with 100ml lactofree semi skimmed
15:30 pm - 400ml no added sugar squash
17:15 pm - Slim Fast raspberry ready-made
18:30 pm - Decaf coffee made with 100ml lactofree semi skimmed
19:30 pm - Total 0% greek yogurt
20:30 pm - Oxo beef cube with 250ml hot water

Total calories: 798kcal
Total milk: 1225ml
Total liquids: 2475ml
Yogurts: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment