Wednesday 3 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 10

I can't believe it's been 10 days, that means 12 sleeps until the surgery! Pre-op diet is hard work, I won't lie but focusing on the future makes it bearable. It does get easier but as days go by, I keep myself fancying various food - I'm not really hungry, I'm just fed up with milk!

Since I stopped having normal milk, I've been trying soya and oat milks. Soya milk is lush when hot as a soya latte and oat milk is yummy cold on its own. However, today I looked at its nutritional value and noticed how high the sugar is. Well it had to be didn't it, wouldn't have tasted so good otherwise... I'll try not to have any more oat milk and have more soya and lacto-free semi skimmed. I'm also cutting down the Slim Fast shakes, again too high in sugar. I had only 1 today and I have 2 more ready-made bottles left. I might have one of those every other day or something but they are made with normal skimmed milk and it's not good because 1. it's skimmed milk, I need semi skimmed and 2. it gives me the runs :(

The variety is already very limited and I decided to give up on 2 of the nicest tasting options today. I can't wait til I'm post surgery and it's funny but I look forward to even the 2 weeks liquids stage. Yes I'm rather fed up with the liquids already but at least I can have different varieties and flavours then.

Oxo cube is the highlight of my day, lol, how pathetic :)

Today I had:

08:00 am - Soya latte made with 300ml unsweetened soya milk
09:30 am - Decaf coffee with 100ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
10:30 am - 500ml water
11:30 am - Muller light banana yogurt
12:15 pm - Decaf coffee with 100ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
13:30 pm - Decaf coffee with 100ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
14:30 pm - 500ml water
16:00 pm - Slim Fast raspberry ready made
17:00 pm - 500ml water
18:45 pm - 300ml oat milk
19:45 pm - Oxo beef cube in 380ml water
21:00 pm - Muller light cherry yogurt
22:30 pm - Weightwatchers peach yogurt

Total liquids: 3405ml (yay! this is the closest I got to 3.5l)
Total milk: 1225ml (~2 pints)
Yogurt: 3

10 days gone, 11 days to go. Sort of middle of the way! Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment