Friday 5 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 12

Funny how I used to get out of the house in the mornings and rush to work before. I would drag myself out with minutes to spare after I drive the whole 5 minutes to work and run from the car park. And if I have a minute to take some lunch with me, it would be stuffing a large tupperware box with leftovers from previous night's rich meal.

Most days I grabbed lunch from a local M&S. It would be a healthy salad and healthy crisps and some healthy nuts and a healthy smoothie/juice and a healthy fruit. All healthy choices but combined, the calories added up. I always bought bags of mixed nuts thinking I'll have some every day and it should last me a week - yeah right, I would be considered doing well if it lasted me 2 days. Nuts are healthy and good for you indeed, in much smaller amounts though...

This morning I thought about my past lunches while I carefully measured and packed today's milk allowance and took this photo :) 



A bottle of 300ml oat milk (nope, I couldn't give this up), another bottle of 400ml unsweetened soya milk and a pot of weightwatchers strawberry yogurt. I also prepared another bottle of 300ml lacto-free semi skimmed to make coffee with. And I walked to work carrying this extra weight with me under heavy rain with my ironic choice of audio book on my iPhone: The Hunger Games :)


My attempt at skipping the Slim Fast didn't go so well. The whole day I was fine but by the evening the hunger hit me, I became light headed and could barely move. I needed that sugar after all! So I had my shake for dinner, followed by my Oxo beef cube in hot water. I was so hungry, I put double the amount of hot water than I normally would to make it last longer, how pathetic is that! And I had a yogurt straight after that and then I was finally satisfied...

08:00 am - 50ml oat drink to take the vitamins tablet with
09:30 am - Decaf coffee with 75ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
11:00 am - 500ml water
11:30 am - Decaf coffee with 75ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
12:00 pm - 250ml water
13:00 pm - 300ml oat milk
14:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 75ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
15:00 pm - 250ml water
16:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 75ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
16:30 pm - Weightwatchers strawberry yogurt
17:30 pm - 400ml unsweetened soya milk
19:15 pm - 250ml lactofree and a sachet of Slim Fast
19:30 pm - Oxo beef cube in hot water
20:00 pm - Muller light banana yogurt

Total milk: 1300ml (~2.3 pints)
Total liquids: 3150ml
Yogurts: 2


I am proud of the 18 pounds I lost in less than 3 weeks and pleasantly surprised that I could carry on this long. But as I was telling my mum the other day, I don't think I could carry on like this if I was doing it to lose all my excess weight. It's only bearable because I have a certain amount of days to count down til the surgery...

Tomorrow is the first weekend I won't have any solid food and the first two days my husband will be around and he'll need to eat. We'll go visit friends after lunch time and will leave before dinner time and they know about my upcoming surgery and the pre-op diet so they won't keep any food around, just tea and coffee.

Will I feel normal again when I'm with other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment