Monday 8 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 15

I have managed to get more calories in today. Hopefully I'll get out of this starvation mode and lose a bit more weight this week.

I am suddenly paranoid about getting a cold. So many people at work have colds and being in an open office, it's a bit inevitable. I'd be gutted if I got a cold a week before my surgery! So I've been using First Defense and antibacterial hand gel all day. Also started taking echinacea tablets. Making my husband do the same, who knows which one of us might bring the virus in the house. I've worked so hard on this pre-op diet, I would be devastated if my op had to be postponed because of a stupid cold!

I gave Slim Fast another go this morning. Let me put it this way, it went in at 9:30 and came out at 11... Ok it lost its last chance, no more Slim Fast ready made.

I think I'm pretty much done with my hospital bag. I have got everything except the calcium. I'll double check with someone if it's ok to take the ones with Vitamin D as I can't seem to find pure calcium tablets. Followed my mother-in-law's advice and I bought Arnica cream (Boot's own brand, it doesn't smell bad, it doesn't smell at all) and Arnica tablets. The tablets are weird! They come in a glass vial in a plastic container and you're not supposed to touch them. They are so tiny, like mini pearls, they might dissolve in your hand so to get the best benefit, you just dissolve it under your tongue. Hope it works! Apparently it's good to build up before the op, that's why I started taking them now. Because they melt in the mouth, I will be able to continue to take them after the op too.



The nerve pain in my leg is getting worse by the day so I got an appointment from my osteopath for tomorrow. I'm just worried that after the op I might have to sit or lie down for long periods of time and it will be so much more painful then with the leg all stiff.

Food as follows:

08:00 am - Decaf coffee made with 250ml lactofree semi skimmed
09:30 am - Slim Fast ready-made raspberry
10:00 am - Decaf coffee with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
10:30 am - 250ml water
11:30 am - Decaf coffee with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
12:45 pm - Decaf coffee with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
14:00 pm - 250ml water
15:00 pm - 400ml soya milk
17:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
18:30 pm - Decaf coffee with 200ml lactofree semi skimmed
19:00 pm - Total 0% yogurt
19:30 pm - Oxo beef cube in 350ml hot water
20:30 pm - Muller light cherry yogurt

Total liquids: 3375ml
Total milk: 1475ml (~2.5 pints)
Total yogurts: 2

I'm fed up with the milk and yogurts. Roll on 15th of October! x

No comments:

Post a Comment