Friday 12 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 19

Three more sleeps and it's surgery day, I can't wait! It was my last day at work and I'll be on leave for 10 days. Obviously it was busy as always but helps time fly.

My walk to the office and back was very pleasant today, I feel like I'm getting quicker and I get much less tired. The trousers I've been wearing to work feel a bit looser and my husband swears my bum got smaller :)

After work, I went to Sainsbury's to get some supplies for next week. I got chicken and mushroom cup-a-soups, Heinz tomato, chicken and mushroom tins too. I bought a few ready-made bottles of Slim Fast raspberry, my favorite flavour. Now because this is made with normal milk, I may not have it in the end but I thought it's good to have a couple just in case. I got some Actimel and more oat milk. I was planning to get some ice lollies but I completely forgot...

Then I remembered I really don't like tinned soup or cup-a-soup so I decided to make my own. Bought some supplies and spent the evening cooking. I really missed cooking! Cooking and especially baking is my 'thing'... or was :)

First I boiled 8 drumsticks (without the skin) in 2 litres of water to make chicken stock. Once cooked, I sieved the bits out (perfectly good chicken pieces for husband to have later). Then I boiled a few green beans, a courgette, a baby parsnip and a baby leek in half of the stock. When the vegs got really soft, I sieved the juices and kept the veg for my husband. I'll freeze the other half of the stock.

And I made another, just for variety, this time with beef, potato and carrot. I rolled the mince into little meatballs and boiled them with the veg. Once it was cooked, I again sieved all the meatballs and veg out.

I put my soup in little containers and will chill them (plus the other half of the stock) overnight, chuck the top fat layer in the morning and freeze. Hopefully I will have a bit of appetite to have these next week.



Today I rushed around too much to care or fancy any food and had the following:

08:15 am - Decaf coffee made with 300ml lactofree semi skimmed
09:15 am - 400ml water
10:15 am - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
11:30 am - 250ml lactofree semi skimmed + 1 sachet of Slim Fast
12:45 pm - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
14:30 pm - 350ml oat milk
15:30 pm - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
17:00 pm - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
18:00 pm - Weightwatchers raspberry yogurt
20:00 pm - Total 0% yogurt
20:30 pm - Oxo beef cube

Total calories: 774kcal
Total liquids: 2800ml
Total milk: 1200ml (2 pints)
Total yogurt: 2

So much to do tomorrow, starting with the hospital bag packing :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment