Sunday 7 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 14

I found out in the last couple of weeks that occupying yourself makes this pre-op diet easier. Weekdays are much easier at work and weekends are hard work if you're at home lazing around. So we went out today to look at some new furniture and curtains we don't even need :) Then we popped around to my in-laws for a cup of coffee and catch up.

My mother-in-law had an accident recently and she recommended Arnica cream for after my surgery. It was recommended to her too and although she didn't think it would work, she thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a go. She reckons it made visible improvement on her swelling and bruising in a very short time. Apparently there are melt-in-mouth tablets too to work its magic on the inside too - perfect for post-op. I need to get my hands on those this week! I researched a bit and it's recommended to start taking tablets before the op and that's what I've decided to do.

I've been looking for chewable multivitamins for some time now. No luck in Boots or Holland & Barrett. They have it for children but not adults. After a bit of reading around, I found Bassett's Soft & Chewy Active Health Multivitamins - Raspberry Flavour on Amazon and my ordered arrived yesterday. It's for young adults, lol! If I like it, I might put it on Amazon subscription so it's delivered monthly like I do with cat food :)



I need to get chewable calcium supplement too but I haven't seen one with just calcium so far, they all have added Vitamin D. I don't want to take excess Vitamin D, daily recommended dose is already in the multivitamins I take.

I have completed two weeks of the pre-op diet, 1 week to go. I have a feeling the last week will be the most difficult one as I'm fed up with milk already. I've come so far though, I will finish it. Focus on the future and it's bearable.

My only problem with the diet in the last couple of weeks is the amount of calories I consume. I've cut Slim Fast and oat milk due to the high sugar content but now I can't manage 800 calories a day without the shakes. I don't want to have the ready-made ones anymore because the lactose in normal milk upsets my tummy and the powder is disgusting. I'll go back to oat milk I think.

I don't really have a lot of time left to experiment but all I know is my weight loss slowed down considerably, I'm afraid my body has gone into starvation mode :( I lost around 2 pounds in the last week and considering what I'm having (or not having rather!) it's a very small loss.

Overall, I'm not panicking about losing enough weight anymore. I think I'm there already. See, the problem was my height. They measured my height as 165cm (5ft 5) but in fact I am 168cm tall which is between 5ft 6 and 5ft 7. Me being the paranoid me, I got my height measured when I went to my GP to get my blood pressure checked and it was 168cm. My BMI is 50.6 today if I am 5ft 5 according to the ticker factory (top right of the page) and WLSurgery forum profile. But on NHS website, it's 49.4... Confusing.. I have another week and I won't worry!

Ok, food:

07:15 am - Decaf coffee with 100ml lactofree semi skimmed milk
09:00 am - Decaf coffee with 100ml lactofree semi skimmed milk
10:00 am - Decaf coffee with 100ml lactofree semi skimmed milk
10:45 am - Weighwatchers Greek style peach yogurt
13:00 pm - 400ml unsweetened soya milk
14:00 pm - 400ml water
15:30 pm - Cup of tea
16:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 150ml lactofree semi skimmed milk
16:30 pm - Weighwatchers Greek style peach yogurt
18:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 150ml lactofree semi skimmed milk
19:15 pm - Oxo cube with 370ml hot water
21:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 250ml lactofree semi skimmed milk
22:00 pm - Muller light banana yogurt

Total liquids: 2940
Total milk: 1250 (~2.2 pints)
Total yogurts:3

I'm so fed up with this pre-op diet, I am now looking forward to the op! x

No comments:

Post a Comment