Thursday 11 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 18

This morning I received a phone call from a nurse from The Hospital Group to go through my medical history and to check if I had any special needs. Thankfully, physically I don't have any special needs but I did mention my trapped nerve in the leg and the lactose problem I've been having. She was lovely and very friendly. I also asked about echinacea, that I started taking it but stopped after a few tablets as I've read it shouldn't be taken before surgery. She said don't take any more (I wasn't anyway) and that it's ok to use First Defence. Also it's only a problem when you have a chest infection, they don't cancel surgery because of a common cold. That was a relief to hear.



I was very busy today so I didn't notice I had too few calories... I didn't have any Slim Fast either, that's probably why. But I did have oat milk for lunch and that filled me up.

I've been running around in the house washing and tidying the last couple of days. We won't be able to do any washing for at least a week after my operation so I'm making sure all our clothes and bedding are washed, dried and put away in wardrobes and cupboards. I think I've done 3 loads of washing after I came home today and one in the morning. We had friends staying over so it's extra sets of bedding and towels etc that's been lying around since previous weekend, oops.

Then I had to go and pick my husband up from the airport so I didn't have a second to stop and think of anything this evening.

Absolutely knackered now, it's time to bed... But first, the food:


08:15 am - Decaf coffee made with 300ml lactofree semi skimmed
10:15 am - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
11:00 am - 400ml water
12:00 pm - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
13:30 pm - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
14:30 pm - 400ml oat milk
15:00 pm - Cup of tea with a drop of milk
16:00 pm - Muller light cherry yogurt
17:15 pm - Decaf coffee made with 75ml lactofree semi skimmed
18:30 pm - 350ml unsweetened soya milk
19:30 pm - Total 0% greek yogurt
20:00 pm - Oxo beef cube in 350ml hot water
22:00 pm - Muller light strawberry yogurt

Total calories: 748kcal
Total liquids: 3000
Total milk: 1350
Total yogurt: 3

Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment