Thursday 4 October 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 11

Finally I've done 3.5 litres of liquid today, actually a bit more than that! I bought myself a lovely Sistema sport bottle and it's so easy to sip when it's in front of you all day, all pink and cute :)

I also bought a Sistema shaker and used it to make Slim Fast strawberry for lunch. Shaker worked great but the Slim Fast tasted vile! I do like the ready made ones but can't stand the powder, blergh... It's got lots of sugar in it anyway and I was planning to drop it after finishing a couple of bottles I have left. Then I decided to try one of the sachets, it's just gross I'm afraid. How come the same product can taste so differently?!

In the last week, I started to shower in the evening just before bed time rather than in the morning. It feels a bit odd but certainly works for me. My reasons are: 1. Rather than a rushed shower in the morning, I can spend more time and enjoy it in the evening. 2. I walk to work and back so it's rather nice to wash the dirt of the day at the end of the day. 3. I've started a moisturising routine after shower (desperate attempts at minimising excess skin during weight loss) and again, I don't have time to do that in the mornings. The area is large, see, it takes a while :)

I've researched this a bit and 1. you have to exercise 2. you have to moisturise daily 3. you have to drink lots of water and 4. you have to accept the fact that you WILL have some excess skin and although the first 3 points do help, it's all down to for how long you've had the weight and how elastic your skin is. Sadly as the age goes up, the elasticity goes down. I'm prepared to have excess skin (I could take that any day over excess fat!) but I'm also stop being lazy and do as much as I can to minimise it.

Foodwise, it was yet another boring milk and yogurt day. But at least no diarrhea today thanks to milk alternatives and lacto-free milk:

08:00 am - Soya latte made with 350ml unsweetened soya milk
10:15 am - Decaf coffee with 150ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
11:00 am - 400ml water
12:15 pm - 400ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk + 1 sachet Slim Fast strawberry
13:00 pm - 400ml water
14:00 pm - 400ml water
15:00 pm - 200ml oat milk
16:00 pm - Muller light cherry yogurt
17:30 pm - Decaf coffee with 250ml lacto-free semi skimmed milk
18:00 pm - 400ml water
18:30 pm - Muller light banana yogurt
19:00 pm - 400ml water
20:00 pm - Oxo cube in hot water

Total liquids: 3.8 litres (YESSS!!!)
Total milk: 1350ml (~2.3 pints)
Total yogurts: 2 pots

Pleased with my water intake today but I couldn't resist the urge and did have some oat milk in the end although yesterday I said I wouldn't because there's a lot of sugar in it. Well, I have already opened the bottle and might as well have a little every day - it's so yummy!

Can't wait til this is over now. I alternate moods quite often but today I'm actually looking forward the surgery and my new life :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment