Tuesday 25 September 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 2

If I summed up today in one word, it would be 'headache'... Is this ketosis? I suppose it is, I've been googling it like mad all day and not just the headaches but the dizziness plus the pressured feeling in my head and the nausea, I have it all.

If I was at home today, I would have spent the day in bed no doubt but being at work, it was difficult to concentrate. Although I can't imagine being at home either, working kept my mind off food...

Headache was the worst. I woke up with it and it just stayed with me all day. Around 4pm I was getting tearful because even painkillers didn't help. Then I drank 2 glasses of water before I left the office 5ish and walked back home. I was sure it would be worse after the walk but in fact it was quite the opposite. When I got home it was gone, phew!

I didn't feel hungry today but the milk made me a little sick. I couldn't finish my second cup of milky coffee and I hit nowhere near 3 pints of milk today. I checked with my patient care coordinator and she said it was ok to have less.

Although I didn't really feel like it, I thought I should try the oxo cube and prepared myself one by melting a cube in hot water. Took one sip and it was bliss :))) I must have really needed something savory!

So here is my day:

08:00 am - Weightwatcher's cherry yogurt
09:00 am - Blueberry green tea
10:00 am - Decaf coffee with 100ml semi skimmed milk, topped with hot water
11:30 am - Blueberry green tea
12:30 pm - Slim Fast cafe latte shake
13:00 pm - Blueberry green tea
15:00 pm - Muller Light banana & custard yogurt
16:00 pm - Decaf coffee with 100ml semi skimmed milk, topped with hot water (could only have half)
19:30 pm - Oxo cube in a mug of hot water
20:00 pm - Slim Fast rich chocolate shake
21:30 pm - Weightwatchers nectarine yogurt

Total:
2 pints of milk (some with shake, some in coffee)
3 yogurts
1 oxo cube

I was dreading the milk diet but now I think I'll be ok :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment