Friday 21 September 2012

Pre-Pre-Op Diet - Day 5

TGIF!!! What a busy week it's been!

I managed to walk to work and back today, feeling very proud of myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I was dreading it cos I assumed I'd sweat my ass off and come in the office with red face, frizzy hair and dripping sweat on my face, eeew! Nah, that didn't happen. I was a little short of breath but the cool weather helped with the sweating :) It took me 25-30 min to walk to my office (slightly downhill) and 30-35 min to walk back home (slight incline) so there, 1 hour cardio done. I'll definitely walk to work next week also but not sure I will have the energy during Phase 2, we'll see.

Myfitnesspal added an extra 400 calories to my allowance cos I walked but I didn't exercise so I could eat more. Feeling knackered now but not sure if it's because of the low calories I'm living on or work or the walk. Maybe just a Friday thing after a week of hard work.

Here goes today's food:

Breakfast
All-bran original in yogurt (why didn't I think of eating it with yogurt before?! it was the best so far)

Lunch
Same as yesterday, leftovers :) Calamari and salmon with cottage cheese

Snacks
6 cashew nuts
Irish diet yogurt

Dinner
Sainsbury's be good to yourself chargrilled chicken breast slices with a sauce made with mixing 0% Total yogurt, a teaspoon of tomato paste, a teaspoon of Maggi liquid seasoning and 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard

Dessert
10 calories sugar free, fat free jelly

Total 1025 calories

Overall a good day - I ate well, started exercising aaaaaaaand lost 2 pounds! Down to 317 this morning :) Yes, I did manage to get a new battery for my scales!

I had little panicky moments again today though. I read somewhere that you need to wear compression stockings after the surgery and I had it playing in my mind immediately - I can't put them on, they can't find a big enough one for my tree trunks, bla bla bla. My mind is my own worst enemy sometimes. I managed to scare myself again, pfft. I wrote to Emma (my patient co-ordinator at The Hospital Group) and she assured me that they do stock all sizes stockings. Still a bit worried but trying not to think too much about it...

Also read that you need to inject yourself with anti blood clot medicine for 10 days or so post op. Scaaaaaaaaaaaaary! At least a lot people said it doesn't hurt.

At this point, I think I need to focus on what I have to look forward to (the rest of my life) and not worry about temporary discomforts.

Night night! x

No comments:

Post a Comment