Wednesday 26 September 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 3

It wasn't the headache that woke me up this morning but the cat purring and rubbing his nose to my cheek :))) Adorable little bastard, waking me up at 6!

I promised myself to walk to work and back every day this week and although it was pissing down, I managed to walk. Had a raincoat on and an umbrella, still got soaked - trousers got wet half way up to my knees! Luckily, walking back was fine, no rain, just wet trees and street.

As I don't eat lunch anymore, I spent my lunch hour shopping today! I know my op is still more than 2 weeks away but I went to Boots anyway and stocked up stuff for my hospital bag. I've been reading others' packing lists on WLSurgery.com forums and compiled mine up:
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste
  • Shampoo
  • Shower gel
  • Deodorant 
  • Hair brush
  • Hair clips
  • Hand cream for my eczema, it flares up when stre
  • Lip balm - Vaseline Aloe Vera and also E45 in case I can't stomach the smell on the day
  • Dry mouth spray - Boots expert as recommended
  • Wet wipes
  • Wind relief tablets - I got Wind-eze as these were the only chewable tablets I saw
  • Peppermint tea for wind (not sure I need this at the hospital but got some anyway)
  • Soluble paracetamol
  • Liquid ibuprofen
  • Extra pair of socks and pants (100% cotton)
  • Dressing gown
  • Nightie and PJs, I'll decide whichever is better on the day
  • Soft bra
  • Clothes for the next day
  • Towel
  • Hot water bottle
  • Laptop and charger and/or iPad plus charger and earphones
  • Pillow for the car journey back home
Still missing some bits and bobs but I have plenty of time to get everything before the 15th of October.

Ok back to today's milk and yogurt:

09:00 am - Glass of water (~200ml)
09:30 am - Weightwatchers strawberry yogurt
10:30 am - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
11:45 am - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
12:30 pm - Blueberry green tea
13:15 pm - Glass of water (~200ml)
13:45 pm - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
15:00 pm - Slim Fast vanilla shake (ready-made bottle)
16:00 pm - Glass of water (~200ml)
16:15 pm - Cup of decaf tea with a dash of milk
16:45 pm - Glass of water (~200ml)
20:00 pm - Oxo cube in hot water
I made a shake with a pint of milk, a pot of Mullerlight banana custard yogurt, a drop of vanilla, a teaspoon of Splenda and loads of ice. It tripled in quantity and I had this throughout the evening

Total:
~ 2 pints of milk
2 yogurts

Scared of the headache coming back, I drank lots of water too :)

One thing I have to add - mind you, it might be too much information - you need to remember that if something comes in as liquid, it goes out as liquid too! Enough said... x

No comments:

Post a Comment