Saturday 22 September 2012

Pre-Pre-Op Diet - Day 6

Today I woke up with a headache at 7:30 and couldn't go back to sleep... It's not the first time this week, I had headaches a couple of times in the week. I hope it's because of ketosis! I should probably drink more.

Even though it's weekend (meaning huge cooked breakfasts in my past life) I had my all-bran in yogurt. So glad I found a way to eat this bran and the new Weightwatchers apricot yogurt is lush - only 50 kcal!

After breakfast it was the usual Saturday morning routine - cleaning and tidying up, such fun :P Then I cooked lunch by stir frying extra lean turkey breast mince, onions, leeks and a tomato. Rather bland on its own but a few spices cheered it up a little. At least it was filling with high protein.

My husband took me to a car gallery in the afternoon - we've been talking about changing my car for some time now. Any other time I'd be bouncing in excitement but today I felt really weird about it. It just felt wrong looking to buy an expensive thing when I didn't know if I'll be alive in a month's time... I'm not all doom and gloom about the operation, not at all, but I am terrified of general anesthesia and paranoid about what might do wrong when I'm under knife. I don't really think I'm going to die on the table but I'm just aware of the risk.

I think my life is a weird place right now. It feels like I'm putting everything else on hold until after my operation. It's a major thing to go through and I don't think it's right or wrong, it's just what it is. There is a much bigger emotional aspect of this operation, any operation, over the physical side of things. I thought my husband was a tad disappointed that I didn't show much enthusiasm so I explained how I feel to him as good as I could and we decided to think about it at a better time and left without committing to buying anything to my relief. All paranoia apart, I would like to be in the mood when I'm buying my next car, thank you very much :)


The highlight of the day was eating out, yay! After much consideration and spending half an hour on my phone's Myfitnesspal app, Nando's low cal food won. I had a butterfly chicken breast with no sauce (I didn't eat the skin) with mixed salad (with balsamic vinegar) and a corn on the cob. I didn't hurry and ate slowly, chewed my food properly and enjoyed it. Funny how I was full after such a small meal compared to my previous visits to the same restaurant where I had a bowl of olives as starter, then ate a half chicken with chips and coleslaw. Pleasantly surprised indeed and it was yummy.

Not much exercise today I'm afraid, other than tidying the house up a little.

Breakfast
All-bran original with Weightwatchers apricot yogurt

Lunch
Stir fry with extra lean turkey breast + onions + leeks
1/2 small pot of Total 0% yogurt

Afternoon snack
1/2 fillet of smoked mackerel

Dinner
Nando's butterfly chicken, plain with no skin + mixed salad with balsamic vinegar + corn on the cob

Dessert
Hartley's sugar-free strawberry and kiwi jelly

Total 1057 calories

Looking forward to seeing my friends at a baby shower tomorrow, dreading the cakes, cookies and the food though... I'll make sure I eat and fill myself up with something good before I leave the house and make sure I come back home for dinner so I don't have to eat anything while I'm out.

Tomorrow is the last day of week 1 pre-op. 3 weeks to go. Butterflies in my stomach...


No comments:

Post a Comment