Thursday 27 September 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 4

I turned my laptop on just a few minutes ago to write here and noticed what day it is, turned to my husband and said: "It's only Day 4!" and he said "What do you mean only day 4, you say yaaaay it's day 4" and added "you're alive, I'm alive, you haven't killed anyone yet"... I suppose he's right, I'm absolutely fine :) Just a bit fed up with milk and can't meet my daily allowance.

Walking to work was much better today as it didn't rain for the first time this week and it was even sunny on the way back. The only problem I had so far was the sudden nausea half way to work this morning. I think it's because I took my multivitamins on an empty stomach and the brisk walk didn't help. I had to pause for a couple of minutes, took deep breaths and carried on, it was fine in a few minutes.

The other thing I must note is my constantly gurgling stomach. I'm not hungry at all and my stomach isn't gurgling because it's empty - it's just full of liquids. And the liquids come out as liquid also. So far, since day 2, bowel movements twice a day and always liquid. If there's anyone reading this and you think it's too much information, sorry! But I think, if I was in the research stage, I would want to know.

I'm a tiny bit worried that I might have a slight lactose intolerance. I never had any problems because I hardly ever consumed milk! I used to have my tea very strong with a drop of milk and my coffee black. And I didn't really need to use milk anywhere else for any reason. Next time I go shopping (or send the darling husband) I'll get lacto-free milk and see if it makes any difference.

Did some more shopping today at lunch time. Got two nighties from Evans, I didn't have one, I usually sleep with just a t-shirt. I really liked these though, lovely soft to the touch. I made sure they are short-sleeved (for the IV) but couldn't decide if I should get them knee-length or long. Not too keen on showing my tree trunks but I decided to go for the knee-length in the end as it's easier lift up to access the dressings, plus I will be wearing anti-embolism stockings. I looked everywhere but I couldn't find a nice, soft, thin, jersey dressing gown/wrap, all they had was waffle gowns, fluffy ones (I have two of these), towel ones etc, maybe it's the season. When I got home, I found and ordered a lovely M&S jersey dressing gown on eBay (new, not used) and a soft bra as all my bras are wired.

I think my hospital bag is pretty much complete. I just need a pair of slippers (I only have flip flops but can't wear those with compression stockings), liquid ibuprofen, liquid co-codomol (does is even exist?!) and chewable multivitamins.

Right... food... or milk, whatever:

09:15 am - Weightwatchers apricot yogurt
09:45 am - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
10:30 am - Glass of water (~200ml)
11:30 am - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
12:30 pm - Glass of water (~200ml)
14:30 pm - Slim Fast raspberry shake
15:00 pm - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
16:30 pm - Decaf coffee with milk (100ml semi skimmed)
18:30 pm - Weightwatchers cherry yogurt
19:30 pm - Slim Fast banana shake
21:00 pm - Oxo cube in hot water
22:00 pm - Ice lolly made with frozen squash

Total today:
1.8 pints milk (half semi-skimmed, half skimmed in Slim Fast ready-made shakes)
2 yogurts

Forgot to weigh myself today. Hope I lost some more. Will hop on the scales in the morning...

Can it be the 15th of October yet please? x

No comments:

Post a Comment