Sunday 23 September 2012

Pre-Pre-Op Diet - Day 7

I completed the 1st week of the pre-op diet's phase 1. Another week of high protein low carb low fat, then on to milk and yogurt for 2 weeks. I feel fine, maybe a little tired, lost around 5-6 pounds so far. I know I tend to obsess over things and worry too much but I'm really scared I won't lose enough to go below 50 BMI before the operation...

I've been eating around 1000 kcal a day and Myfitnesspal keeps warning me I should eat at least 1200 or my body will go into starvation mode. I ate around 850 kcal today and I'm not sure what I want to do now... Do I want to eat more? Not really. Should I eat more? Probably. It's still only 9pm maybe I'll have a yogurt later.

I went to my friend's baby shower today.  I got there at 1pm so I had a big (but good) breakfast to keep me going and I took my lunch with me to eat there before the others arrive. Spending an hour stuck on M25 in heavy rain, I didn't have much of an appetite anyway. It was good fun and because I just ate before the party began, I was absolutely fine resisting the cakes. I brought a yogurt with me in case I craved something sweet but I completely forgot about it and I didn't actually fancy anything sweet anyway.

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with salmon and onion & chive cottage cheese

Lunch
Chicken breast pieces, some more cottage cheese, a leek cooked with a tiny bit of olive oil and a carrot

Dinner
King prawns cooked in chopped tomatoes

Snacks
6 mini gherkins - not sweet, those sour ones in vinegar
5 slices of wafer thin turkey ham
Hartley's sugar-free jelly

Total 861 kcal

Sooo... Week 1 finished. I'm a bit more nervous, a bit less excited and a bit more worried... But I still believe this is the best thing I'll do for myself :)  x



No comments:

Post a Comment