Sunday 30 September 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 7

Had another fab day with our friends and their kids! Today we went to a local farm, played with the goats and bunnies, walked through sunflower fields and picked blackberries :) It was probably one of the last few sunny weekends of the year and I'm glad we had some great company to enjoy it with.

In terms of the diet, today I had like half an egg for breakfast (tiny piece from the omelet I made for the others) and 2 tablespoons of dry fried extra lean beef mince (took some for myself before I added beans and tomatoes etc to turn it into chili con carne for the others) and fat-free yogurt and a couple of mini gherkins (not sweet). I didn't have dinner, just tea and a pot of weightwatchers yogurt.

So, here's what happened this weekend: I failed.

It was hard to resist and I couldn't resist. I cooked 4 big meals for 6 people this weekend and I just couldn't do the milk/yogurt diet and I decided I would have some food with them and continue my milk/yogurt diet Monday onwards, without failing.

So did I ruin the whole pre-op diet? I don't think so. See, I actually only needed to do the milk/yogurt diet for the last 2 weeks before my operation. I was going to be on a high protein, low carb and low fat diet aiming for around (preferably less than) 1000 kcal a day. I did that for a week but because of my own worries, went on the pre-op diet a week too early so that I could lose the amount of weight I needed to before the operation. So within my 1-month pre-op plan, I did 1 week of this low carb high protein diet, followed by 5 days of milk/yogurt, 2 days (this weekend) of pretty much protein-only and my next 2 weeks (starting tomorrow) will be the proper milk pre-op diet.

I don't think I had anywhere near 1000 kcal a day this weekend so I will not worry, I'll be grateful for the lovely weekend I had and not ruin it for myself. My husband said he was very proud of me (yay) because not only I cooked yummy food for the others the whole weekend, I ate tiny amounts myself and didn't go anywhere near the naughty stuff.

09:00 am -  Soya latte
10:00 am - 1/2 scrambled egg (no fat)
14:00 pm - Latte
16:00 pm - Dry fried extra lean beef mince with onions and Total 0% fat yogurt
18:00 pm - Blueberry green tea
19:00 pm - Pint of squash
21:00 pm - Weightwatchers peach yogurt
22:00 pm - 1/2 litres of water

Tomorrow onwards, I will be having nothing but my milk/yogurt allowance plus the Oxo cube :)







No comments:

Post a Comment