Friday 28 September 2012

Pre-Op Diet - Day 5

Uh oh... I think we have a problem... I spent half the day in toilet with severe diarrhea and it began shortly after I had a pint of Slim Fast in the morning, made with semi skimmed milk and 2 scoops from the tin. Good thing I was working from home today, I don't want to even begin to imagine being at work!

I couldn't even sip water until 4ish in the afternoon, didn't feel like it. Then I popped out to get myself a variety of lacto-free, soya and oat milks, plus food shopping for the weekend guests - that's another story. I did manage a big mug of coffee (decaf of course) made with hot soya milk. It was lovely and soothed my gurgling insides a bit. That filled me up but I made myself eat a pot of yogurt so I have something thicker than milk. The rest of the day was fine, I had lots of soya milk with coffee and it tastes much nicer than actual milk and I didn't have to run to the loo half an hour after I had it. I also tried some oat milk. Obviously I didn't expect it to taste like porridge but I wish it did, haha. I had the oat milk on its own, cold, it was rather tasty.

I also got myself a pair of slippers for the hospital :) 1 more thing to check off the list!

Right, weekend guests. It's one of those very close friends who you can't see very often as everyone have their own busy lives in different cities 3 hours drive apart. I visited her 3-4 months ago when she was about to pop her second baby and now she's visiting me with her husband and two kids. I love her 2 year old boy and haven't met the baby yet so really looking forward to their visit. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the food...

This was supposed to be my last weekend before the actual milk diet began so I was assuming I could eat food. Not a lot, nothing fatty, no carbs but decent protein and veg. Nothing goes as planned and I started the milk diet a week earlier than. I thought about postponing their visit but I really miss them and want to spend some quality time with them. So I decided to brave it.

I planned good, healthy meals for them, made a shopping list and did not buy one extra item as all the leftovers will be chucked after they leave on Sunday. I'll make chicken wraps for lunch and bake salmon fillets for dinner with onion, pepper and mushrooms plus potatoes for Saturday. Sunday morning I'll make a nice omelet for breakfast. I have to admit, I chose this menu so maybe I could pick a teeny tiny bit on the chicken, salmon and the eggs... Naughty I know but if I'll lose it and put a solid piece of food in my mouth this weekend, I'll make sure it's pure protein.

I wrote about my feelings about a new car last weekend - I didn't feel like committing to anything new before I have my surgery and recover alright. But my husband arranged a test drive for tomorrow morning and if I like it, looks like I'll get a new car! Probably there's a waiting list and hopefully it can be a "changed my life and I recovered from surgery" present for me :)

I still haven't been able to consume 3.5 litres of liquids per day, 3 pints of which should be milk, can't have that much milk either...

Today I had:

07:30 am - 1/2 pint of Weightwatchers NAS* squash
08:30 am - Weightwatchers peach yogurt
10:45 am - 300ml semi skimmed milk + 2 scoops of Slim Fast banana
11:30 am - Decaf coffee with 150ml semi skimmed milk
16:00 pm - Decaf coffee made with 300ml soya milk
16:30 pm - Weightwatchers raspberry yogurt
18:30 pm - Decaf coffee made with 300ml soya milk
19:30 pm - 300 ml oat milk
20:00 pm - Mullerlight raspberry yogurt
21:00 pm - Oxo cube in hot water

What will I do tomorrow, how will I do tomorrow... A bit worried but I'm determined to do my best :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment