Wednesday 19 September 2012

Pre-Pre-Op Diet - Day 3

Battery in my scales is flat, I couldn't weigh myself this morning! Better remember to replace the battery tomorrow... Remember to buy batteries... Remember to buy batteries... Remember to buy batteries...

Right, I went to work today and despite temptation I resisted the cake and other naughties lying around. Bringing food to work and sharing it and especially encouraging colleagues to have some should be banned! Another challenge I haven't taken into account: When you work in an open office with 60 people, there is always an occasion for food. It's either someone's birthday or someone came back from holiday and brought back some local sweets with them. My job surely contributed to the last couple of stones I gained...

Breakfasts are hard work nowadays. Pretty much the only diet I succeeded at was the Dukan diet and even after I stopped I carried on eating oat bran for breakfast. My surgeon Dr Super however suggested all-bran instead and wasn't too keen on the oat bran. So I've been alternating All-Bran Original and All-Bran Flakes in the last couple of days...

Man, All-Bran Original tastes VILE. The texture is crumbly, it dissolves into sand in the milk which is simply gross and not too keen on the malty flavour either.


On the other hand, All-Bran flakes are quite yummy and crunchy. I like those. They just taste a bit too good though, that's where you should worry...


That's because there's 10.8g fibre in 40g of the original while there's 4.5g fibre in 30g of the flakes which means the flakes have more carbs, booo. So today, I sucked it up and had 40g of the original. I'm seriously considering having this dry tomorrow.

Today was a weird day - I couldn't finish my lunch! I was absolutely ravenous when I started eating but had to put the last 1/3 of it back in the fridge. Oh but fear not, I did eat it in the late afternoon as a snack ;)

I noticed I haven't been noting down what I drink all day. I have several cups of tea throughout the day - perhaps 6? No sugar, just a tiny bit of skimmed milk. Sadly, I'm not great with drinking water. I put a pint of water at my desk every day and maybe take a couple of sips and that's it :(  In the evening I drink diet coke and I come close to tears in each sip, I'll miss it so much. No more fizzy drinks after the op ;(

Last thing to note is that since I started pre-op diet part 1, I'm on decaf tea and I've either cut all salt or I use low sodium salt if I have to. People who know me wouldn't believe I cut it down so much, I LOVE salt but every little effort helps in the name of lowering blood pressure as much as possible before the op. My husband reckons I'm being paranoid as my blood pressure is within normal limits but it's actually near the top end of the limit.

Breakfast
All-bran original with skimmed milk

Mid-morning snack
A handful of carrot sticks

Lunch
Tesco Chunky Flame Grilled Chicken 200g (220 calories)
Cottage cheese with onion and chive 100g

Waiting for husband to come home to eat dinner but I can't wait I'm really hungry snack
Half a smoked mackerel fillet

Dinner
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself 3% fat Chunky Cod Fillets in Breadcrumbs (175 calories)
Green beans, boiled and served with garlic granules and vinegar
A medium size carrot, boiled



Dessert
Muller light banana and custard yogurt


Total 1020 calories

Good night and sleep tight :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment