Monday 17 September 2012

Pre-Pre-Op Diet - Day 1

As decided with my surgeon Dr Paul Super, today I started the 1st part of my pre-op diet which will be low fat, low carb, high protein for 2 weeks. The second part will be the stricter milk/yogurt diet for 2 weeks and I'm already dreading the though but I'll worry about it when I get there or I'll stop worrying and be awesome instead ;)

I stopped at my GP on the way home after work today get my blood pressure taken. It was 130/90 which is slightly on the high side for my liking but the nurse said it's absolutely normal and they don't need to monitor it. I told this to my patient co-ordinator at The Hospital Group and she said I'm well within their limits and good to go! HUGE relief, phew...

So here's what I ate today:



Breakfast
A bowl of all-bran flakes with skimmed milk

Mid-morning snack
Irish Diet yogurt - Apricot & Nectarine

Lunch
2x 100g packs of  Bernard Matthews Turkey Breast Chunks Hickory BBQ
1 170g pot of Total 0% Greek Yogurt

Afternoon snack
A handful of mini gherkins

Dinner
Home-made chicken stir fry with chicken breast, onion, leek, pepper and mushrooms
1/2 170g pot Total 0% Greek Yogurt



Total 1520 calories, which is not bad for a diet but not good enough for pre-op diet.I'll have to do better than this but this is only day 1 and there it still hope!

This morning:
319.4 lbs
BMI 51.4


28 sleeps to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment